Monday, June 19, 2017

Zweiundzwanzing?

So I went to Köln (or COLOGNE, like he argued with me, but we're both correct, I do not understand why people want to make an English version of the name of a place like just say Köln it's not that hard)

[*small inner voice* you have Chinese version for names too]

(Shut up)

It's like a 20 train ride and my ride was chill cos I travelled with the ICE. Eh? ICE is Intercity Express btw. So I got to Köln and I started to worry about getting lost (cos you know I tend to get lost A LOT) and the main attraction in Köln is, of course, the Kölner Dom. So naturally I wanted to go there first, I was revising the route that I took pics of from my Mac cos my phone is wonky and then before we pulled up into the station I saw it. It's just right there. 

Literally right in front of the station. 

And I was sitting there worrying about getting there when I don't have to. All of its main attractions are in that area so it's pretty easy to find most of them. Okay, lemme just say something about the church. It's huge. And it's so amazing. The details of the church are just magnificent, I don't have words to even describe it. I got the chance to hear the bells, and I read that it's as old as the church, which is a few hundred years old. 

Oh wow.

And the sound that they made were both haunting and beautiful. It went on for a few minutes and I'm glad that I was able to enjoy that. I love church bells so much. I went into the church, not before being stopped by the guards (?) cos my shoulders were showing. Okay fine. (My dress was a bit off shouldered.) So I put on my jacket (I brought it cos I'm afraid that it'll get cold all of a sudden but it didn't, yay) to cover my scandalous shoulders. And then in I go. And then guess what I saw. Women in tank tops and strapless dresses. 

Eh hello, kenapa you tak stop dia orang? Racist ke? 

Fine, whatever. I was stared at, cat-called, made fun of, called Japanese (kay maybe this is not much of an insult, it's just funny cos every European thinks I am Japanese like it's the only kind of Asian there is) during my time here so meh. A guy screamed 'Konnichiwa' at me and then got mad when I didn't respond. Well I shouldn't, cos a) I am not Japanese, and b) I was wearing earphones listening to music so it would be perfectly normal if I couldn't hear you, stupid). and c) you're high/ drunk so any normal, rational person would go far far away from you, no? Never seen a beautiful, lone, Asian girl walking down the streets before, meh? 

Idiot.

Now back to the church. 

 The inside was pretty boring too. (I am a very bad person I know) But I like the stained glass windows. I am not a very religious person so it doesn't really impress me I guess. But I like the outside of it and that's true. And then I went to Museum Ludwig, I didn't go in cos I am not really a big fan of contemporary art. I went to the gift shop tho. (Always go to museum gift shops lol) It's a nice little shop with books on art and postcards and little quirky stuff. Art is amazing. And then I went to have a stroll along the Rhein. 

Yeah, alone.

What a sad sight.

But I am a smart, strong, independent lady who can stroll along the Rhein no problem. I have to admit one thing though, I really miss my boy at that moment, cos I saw so many couples and families having fun there and I am alone. It's not a good feeling, but what can I do. It still feels really surreal here tho, like I am really in Germany, enjoying the river breeze (is that even a word lol) and eating hazelnut ice cream. (I am both glad and a bit offended that the ice cream guy spoke to me in English even tho I spoke in German, oh well.) Then I went to the Roman-Germanic Museum, also only the outside cos you know, I am cheap and you can pretty much see what is inside, mostly stones and more slabs of gigantic stones with words carved on them. I wanted to go to this zoo? museum? place that's a bit far away but then I am a paranoid and anxious little mess, I decided to sit in Starbucks and chill for a few hours. 

Literally.

I bought peach green tea even. Barista spoke English to me again. I am trying to learn your language, please :( Then I got a massive headache in Starbucks, it's not good at all. I am getting a lot of headaches lately idk why. Then I went to this bookstore wanting to get me some German books. Children books preferably cos I am still children level in German haha. I saw a shop selling all things gummy and I almost shat my pants (okay dress) cos I love gummies. But I didn't buy any cos I have excellent self-control (no I do not) So then I just stroll around the station, going into random shops, buying magnets and postcards, and also lotion (finally), and then I got books too. An English one which looks really interesting, and 'The Little Prince' in German. 

Der Kleine Prinz.

So all of a sudden there were a lot of Polizei and also Polizei Hunde. I got scared of course, and they were blocking off some places and the speaker was announcing something about the police also (didn't catch everything cos they talk fast and I am just bad) and my train got delayed cos there's something on the tracks and I was just stressing out and was so frustrated. Then after 20+ mins of delay, they announced that they changed platform for my train and I RAN. It was so funny. There were omas in front of me and I just wanted to push them away, like MOVE I PAID 10+ EURO FOR THIS TICKET I AM NOT MISSING THIS TRAIN! Then when I got to the platform the train was just there and I got on, safe and sound. 

So in short, Köln was nice. A bit boring (I say this to all the places that I went to maybe it's cos I went to all of those places alone so I can't make stupid comments on things or people), I really like the church, and also the ice-cream.

Hehe.

Tschüss,
Delilah