Friday, June 16, 2017

I Know That You Got Daddy Issues, Daddy Issues, Daddy Issues

It has been a few days (or a week, I don't know) since I last updated. It has been an amazing few weeks here in Düsseldorf. The city is beautiful, and sometimes even surreal because I just can't believe that I am actually here, taking the bus to IIK, grocery shopping, wandering around, taking the U-Bahn etc.

Es ist sehr großartig.

I have to walk quite some distance to IIK everyday, a few mins on foot to the bus stop, and then a get down at the next stop (I could walk there but I bought the 56+ euro Young Ticket to I intend to go everywhere with public transport even if I could walk), and then walk a few mins to IIK. I do a lot of walking here, like how I do in UNMC but here the weather is nice (sometimes). It's an average of 22 degrees here, but yesterday it reached about 29 degrees when I went out wandering in the Altstadt. Lucky I brought some of my regular clothes (ie clothes that I wear in Malaysia) and if it continues to be this hot, it means I have to start shaving. I wanted to stop shaving altogether when I came to Europe since I'll be wearing long sleeves and jeans so no one will see but since it's getting hot, might as well.

Sigh.

After the sweltering heat yesterday, it rained like crazy, so the temperature dropped back to 19 degrees this morning. I am kind of pissed since I am so ready to wear shorts and t-shirt (okay I didn't bring t-shirt but you get what I mean) and I even SHAVED MY LEGS! I really hate shaving my legs cos it's tedious and I hate how it feels when it grows back.

Oh well.

So apparently we are living very near a refugee centre. It is on the way to my bus stop. It doesn't bother me, but one of my housemate's friend keeps on telling us to be careful and saying like the refugees are not human and will rape/kill/rob us. I don't like how he described them and to be honest, they are people too.

如果这片土地有未来,谁还想离乡背井
Who would want to leave this place if it has a future

I relate to this because you know, Tawau, as someone who has to leave home to pursue a better future. And in their situation it's worse, their country is in WAR. God damn WAR. Imagine that when you're free from your high paying job, secure and comfortable life, and high-tech mobile phones. I have seen some of them outside the place just sitting and playing around (the children), they seemed harmless enough, and nice even. So I don't know why the discrimination towards them.

Lessons are generally fine. It's all in German and you know my listening is not that great. I drift off sometimes and usually would misunderstand things but it's fine overall. We have less than 20 people in a class and I tried to make friends, really I did, but I guess it's not going so well for me.

How do you friendship?

Guess it's still something I have to work on. But to tell the truth, I am also comfortable to be on my own. I am my own friend, I have my own back. But whenever I am lost when I want to go somewhere, I would wish someone would be there to point out ways for me cos I am the WORST when it comes to directions. I have the talent to get lost when I go somewhere new.

Every. Single. Time

I always manage to walk to the other completely opposite direction. I don't know why. Any company needs no-direction-always-lost employees then I am your girl.

I have a lot that I want to say but I can't think of how to form it in words but maybe someday I will.

Haha.

Also I went to Sollingen and went to see the Müngsten Brücke. And also Wuppertal. And I am going to Köln this Sunday, by myself.

Just hope I don't get lost.

Again.


Ciao,
Delilah