Monday, June 5, 2017

Where the hell is my station?!

So after a long and tiring day, I finally get to Düsseldorf. This day was horrible, I can't even describe it. I missed my connecting bus cos the people of Roermond don't know where their station is. Or was it closed?

I don't know.

All I know is just I was running around with my 18kg luggage, getting blisters on both of my hands, cramping on both legs in the same place for an hour cos I got 5 different answers from 5 different locals.

Frustrating?

Yes.

I am near to tears when I asked a man and his son where I'm supposed to go.  I didn't know if they were locals or not but they did help me to a city tour guide (whatever that is written on her shirt)  and then that tour guide took me to the information counter, and then the information counter lady asked me to go buy a new ticket for Düsseldorf. And during that process, I was fed up and angry and tired and angry and I just wanted to go home.

Never mind.

Just bear in mind I was utterly lost and I missed my bus to Düsseldorf and I had to purchase a new ticket costing me 15.50 euro cos the driver is kind enough to let me buy the ticket on the spot, and also they speak German and I feel like I am home.

I am not fluent still but German at that time was so comforting to me.

So then I got to Düsseldorf, got to the U-bahn, get to my flat and met my nice flatmates. Girls from China, Hong Kong, and also Malaysia. The Malaysian was fasting so I didn't really disturb her. We had a nice chat at the balcony and it made me forget about my incident back then in Roermond (or hell). I was calling my boyfriend frustrated and crying so I was so sad and also angry and tired.

My arms and legs are spaghetti and I had a gigantic cut on my thumb from when I almost missed my U-Bahn station in Kennedydamm. I didn't even notice until I saw blood everywhere. My landlord, Herr Müller was a nice man. He speaks very fast German, but I could understand, okay like maybe 30% but I got those important keywords. We're going to have a replacement test tomorrow to determine which class we should go to. I am excited and also feeling lazy cos my solo journey has come to an end and I have to go study now.

Anyways, I hate Roermond even if it's a beautiful city. The locals were NOT helpful at all, well some of them, especially the information guides. I managed to suppress my panic attack, but not the crying tho.

And also U-Bahn is the subway in Germany.

Bis dann,
Delilah